The Crown at the Carolina – Specs and Equipment
The Crown at the Carolina, originally the theatre’s sign shop, is now a multi-use black box performance and rental space located on the Carolina’s third floor of the historic Carolina Theatre. It can been used for modern dance recitals, smaller ballet performances, chamber music, wind ensembles, local bands, live theatre and musicals, spoken word, gospel shows, jazz performances from the most intimate of trios all the way to 16 instruments, birthday parties, wedding receptions, corporate events, weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, Bat Mitzvahs, readers’ theatre, film screenings, and more.
The room is 55’ x 48’. There are four equidistant structural concrete columns in the room, forming several natural “playing areas” in the room. The most popular set-up is against the east wall, while “in the round” is another popular option. The floor is a structural concrete deck painted a neutral grey-black shade. The walls are natural unfinished brick and mortar with bench seating on the north and south walls. There are floor-to-ceiling black curtains that can be pulled from a curved curtain track to enclose almost three-quarters of the room’s wall space.
There are nearly unlimited seating options available in the Crown. Our staff will work with you to make sure your event is a pleasant experience for you and your patrons.
- Download Crown Rental Rates & Info for Ticketed Events HERE
- Download Crown Rental Rates & Info for Private Events HERE
Crown Available Equipment
150 padded chairs (burgundy)
24 two-foot diameter plywood-topped bistro tables adjustable from 30” to 46” high
6’ and 8’ rectangular tables are also available
Six (6) 4’x8’ interlocking plywood decked aluminum framed platforms available to construct several different staging possibilities
1’ legs available for all platforms, enough 2’ legs to completely raise 3 platforms
1 – Allen & Heath QU16 – 16 channel digital mixer,
- 16 Mono Inputs (TRS + XLR)
- 3 Stereo Inputs (TRS)
- 4 Stereo FX Returns
- 16 Busses
- 12 Mix Outputs (LR, Mono Mix 1-4, Stereo Mix 1-3)
- 4 FX Engines
- Recallable AnaLOGIQTM Preamps
- Trim, polarity, HPF, gate, insert, 4-band PEQ, compressor and delay on all Inputs
QU Drive multi-track recording is possible when given ample advanced notice (extra charge).
- 2 – JBL PRX735 15″ Three-Way, Self-Powered Speaker 1500W
- 1 – JBL PRX718XLF 18″ Self-Powered Extended Low Frequency Subwoofer System
- 6 – JBL PRX712 JBL PRX712 12″ Two-Way Full-Range Self-Powered Monitor
- Horizon NSPL16X4-100FF 16 x 4 Snake, 100 ft,
- 6 – Straight Mic Stands
- 6 – Boom Stands
- SM57 and SM58 Microphones
- Cabling for most situations
- Various DI boxes, active and passive
There are 48 channels ETC Sensor2 Install Rack
Channels 1 and 2 are used for house lighting and Fleenor Preset 10 remote panel
Lighting Console is an ETC Element
- 60 faders
- 250 channels
- 1024 outputs
- 10,000 cues
- 2 touchscreens
Located in booth on W wall, next to concessions stand.
- 8 – Desisti 6” fresnels – 1kw
- 6 – various 6” fresnels – 750w
- 12 – Strand 6 x 9 ellipsoidal – 750w
- Asst of 5’, 10’ and 15’ 2p&g cables and a few 2-fers available
- Ample gel frames, template holders etc.
- 8 – 4way barn doors
- Minimal gel available
- Draper Targa Electric Projecton Screen, 117.5″ x 188″, Clearsound XT950 Material
- Hitachi CP-WU8450 LCD Projector WUXGA, 5000 Lumens
- Oppo BDP-93 Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
- Extron SSP 7.1 Surround Sound Processor
- Hosa OPT-110 Optical Cable
- JBL PRX712 JBL PRX712 12″ Two-Way Full-Range Stage Monitor for 7.1 Surround
- 7 Speaker Stands
- Laptop available if needed
12’, 10’, 8’, 6’, 4’& 2’ ladders available
All labor is billed at $20 per hour. After eight hours or after midnight, labor is billed at time and a half. If both conditions apply, labor is at double time. There is a two-hour minimum on all labor calls.
Theatre staff must be present any time the Crown is occupied.