Carolina Theatre Technical Specifications
We are experiencing some technical issues with our specs loading. To receive a copy, please email Brenda Studt. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Width of Proscenium opening: 39′ 9- 1/2″
- Height of Proscenium opening: 30′ 0″; Adjustable 12′ Austrian Valance via electric winch
- Distance Plaster line to back wall: 32′ 10″
- Distance Plaster line to last upstage batten: 28′ 2″
- Distance last upstage batten to back wall: 4’8″
- Floor to Grid: 63′ 1″
- 12’H x 40’W Austrian Valance, adjustable via electric winch; color is paprika (rust)
- The main act curtain will travel and/or guillotine; color is paprika (rust)
- Asbestos fire curtain is downstage of main drape against proscenium wall
- All other soft goods are black flame-proofed velour
- Leg dimensions: 13′ 7″W x 29′ 7″H, Flat (5 sets hung)
- Border dimensions 60’W x 8’H, Flat (4 hung)
- Full stage traveler dimensions: 25’H x 48’W, Flat (2 travelers, 2 panels per traveler); located on line 9 and line 27 (cannot be relocated without prior approval of management)
- Four (4) 25’H x 8’W side panels available per side on track that runs from D.S. to U.S.
- Black Scrim: 22’H x 48’W
- White Scrim: 22’H x 48’W
- Full Stage Blackout Curtain: 25’H x 48’W
- White Seamless Cyclorama – 25’H x 48’W
- One (1) 40’W x 25’H Draper movie screen on tubular aluminum frame
See fly/rigging schedule for present location of soft goods. Soft goods excluding travelers, main curtain, and projection screen may be moved, but must be restored to original positions following event.
S.R. 12′ (Plaster Line to Locking Rail) x 30′
S.L. (Plaster Line to Overhang) x 30′
S.L. 18′ x 30′ beneath 10′ high overhang
The stage floor is stained black 3/4″ hardwood flooring attached to a 3/4″ plywood sub floor resting on a sprung base of 2″ x 4″ spruce with neoprene sleepers.
Dimensions are 32′ x 11′ x 4′ below stage level. There are adequate 110 volt receptacles for orchestra lights, etc.
- The stage house has 42 single purchase counterweight lines.
- Batten length is 48′ with extension pipes available.
- The first electric is electric winch operated.
- Locking rail is located stage right at stage level.
- Loading rail is located on grid catwalk 63′ above the stage.
- House voltage is ca 115/208v Amps
- House connectors are 120v, 20 amp 3 pin stage connectors
- House dimmers
- 221 20-amp dimmer per-circuit with 2.4 kW capacity
- 3 50-amp circuits located stage left on column beneath overhang
- House lights control is located stage right at stage manager position and in house control booth
- Company Switches
- Two (2) 3-phase 110/208v; One (1) at 400 amps per leg, one (1) at 100 amps with an isolated ground.
- Location is on the D.S. plaster line wall, stage left
- Connects are designed for bare wire
- House does not supply feeder cables
- Lighting Console is an ETC Ion located in rear of house in house control booth
- 2 (two) Lycian 1275 Follow Spots located in Projection Booth. There is an additional per hour rental charge for follow spots. If Lessee cannot provide qualified follow spot operators, there will be an additional labor charge for facility operators.
- Sound control is located in booth at the rear of the auditorium
- House console is a Yamaha CL-5
– 3 Rio 1608-D I/O Rack
– 1 Ri8-D Input Rack
– 1 Ro8-D Output Rack
– 72 mono + 8 stereo Inputs
– 24 Mix busses
– 8 Matrices
– 8 Analog inputs
– 8 Analog outputs
– Dante I/O Primary/Secondary
– 300 Scene Memories
– USB 2-track and DVS multi-track (Neuendo) recording available
- House Speakers consist of twenty-four (24) Meyer Lina Curvilinear Array loudspeakers;
– Twelve (12) are located house left of the proscenium.
– Twelve (12) are located house right of the proscenium.
– Four (4) Meyer 900-LFC Subwoofers, two located house left and two house right on floor at proscenium.
– Three (3) Meyer UPM-1P Ultra-Compact Wide Coverage loudspeakers. Used for center fill from lip of stage.
– Nine (9) Meyer UPJunior-XP Ultra-Compact Wide Coverage loudspeakers. Used for under-balcony fills.
– Meyer Galileo Galaxy digital processing.
- Four (4) JBL PRX812W wedge monitors available.
- Two (2) Denon DN-501C Slot-in CD and USB Media player. (NO CD-RW’s!! PLEASE FINALIZE YOUR CDs!)
- Microphones in house –
– Seven (7) each Shure SM57® and SM58® Mics
– Two (2) Shure Beta 58A Mics
– Four (4) Crown PCC-160 Cardioid Condenser Boundary Microphones
– Two (2) Audio-Technica V851A Cardioid Condenser Boundary Microphones
– Three (3) Shure KSM 32 Condenser Microphones
– One (1) Beta 52A Bass Microphone
– Enough cable for most shows available.
- 2-Shure QLXD124/85-H50 Wireless microphone combo with WL185 and SM58® available at extra rental charge.
- Clear-Com headset communications for 9 stations.
- Paging system to all dressing rooms located DSR at Stage Manager Panel.
- Wireless microphones available at extra rental charge
- Clear-Com headset communications for eight (8) stations
- Paging system to all dressing rooms located SR at Stage Manager Panel
- One (1) Panasonic PT-RZ12KU Full HD 3-chip DLP Laser Phosphor Video Projector
- 16:10 WUXGA Native Aspect Ratio
- 12,000 ANSI Lumens
- 20,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- Resolution: 1920 x 1200
- Located center of house on mezzanine rail; control located in tech booth at rear of house on orchestra level
Projection equipment available for extra rental charge.
- Laptop with Power Point, MP3 audio capabilities
- Oppo UDP-203 BluRay® DVD player
- Two (2) VGA inputs and one (1) HDMI input are available for video feed. (All controls located in tech booth at rear of house.)
- Atlona 4K/UHD HDMI over HD Base TTX/RX with control and PoE HDMI Extender from booth to stage is available
Loading and Unloading
- The building is located on the mid-300 block of South Greene Street facing east, adjacent to Governmental Center.
- Parking lane for loading and unloading is located on the northwest side of the theatre, bordered by chained parking posts on the west and a two foot brick wall on the east. Entrance is off of Washington Street just in front of Governmental Plaza.
- The loading door is on stage level, 12′ 8″ wide, 11′ high.
- Located off stage left and right on 2nd and 3rd floor above stage level
- There are four dressing rooms stage left and three dressing rooms stage right
- There is one Star Dressing Room located stage right on the second floor
- Each room contains adequate mirrors, warm LED lighting, tables, chairs, costume racks, showers, sinks, and toilets
- Total capacity is approximately 70
- Auditorium is arranged according to the American seating plan; there are 793 seats on the orchestra level and 302 on the mezzanine level; total capacity is 1,094
- Space for 19 handicapped patrons in wheelchairs and 14 companion seats are available
- Sixteen (16) additional seats are possible in the orchestra pit; check with Box Office Manager for availability
- The minimum crew call is three-men with a two-hour minimum for the auditorium.
- All labor is billed at $22/hour. After eight hours, or after midnight, labor is billed at time and a half. If both conditions apply, labor is billed at double time. There is a two-hour minimum on all labor calls.
- Theatre staff must be present anytime the building is occupied.
Fly Rigging Schedule
FLY RIGGING (PDF)
LIGHTING INVENTORY (PDF)