The Carolina Theatre of Greensboro
Join Our Team at The Carolina Theatre!
Work With Us!
Each year, the Carolina Theatre welcomes over 100,000 people to a wide variety of live performances in our main auditorium and in The Crown. We have a robust cadre of volunteers including our active Board of Directors, greeters, and ticket takers. Our two-year strategic plan is focused on increasing our community engagement efforts, succession planning, and growing our marketing reach and donor base. Our core values are centered on building community, preserving history, welcoming all members of our community, and offering diverse programming that offers something for everyone. If you’re seeking a great place to work with competitive compensation in one of Greensboro’s most beautiful venues, we hope you’ll consider this opportunity.
To find out more about our current openings at the Carolina Theatre, please check out our listings below. To Apply: Fill out the form below, select the position you are applying for, upload your resume and cover letter, and hit submit.
Director of Development
The historic Carolina Theatre of Greensboro is seeking an experienced development professional to join our team and grow a culture of giving that will sustain the Carolina Theatre for decades to come. Located in downtown Greensboro, NC, the Carolina Theatre is a mission-driven nonprofit, working to present the arts, preserve history, and promote community. Our vision is to be the pre-eminent performing arts space for our community’s arts organizations.
The Carolina Theatre’s Director of Development is responsible for the planning and development of Carolina’s donor support of our $1.75 million annual budget. Fundraising efforts are directed to a broad portfolio of donors including foundations, corporations, government and public agencies, and individuals through our annual appeals, special events, sponsorship requests, and grant writing. Our Director of Development works with senior staff and the Board Development Committee to create and execute strategies to secure this financial support.
• Annual Campaign: In concert with senior staff and the Board’s Development Committee, set annual goals and strategies to retain donors, expand donor base, increase year-to-year donor giving, prepare recognition materials, and diversify the organization’s portfolio of funding resources.
• Develop funding proposals in collaboration with senior staff and other partners, as needed, including corporate sponsorships, grant applications, and accompanying proposal budgets. Provide reports and updates to funders, as needed and/or required.
• Oversee customer relations management system (Spektrix) to maintain accurate accounting of both unrestricted income/sources and restricted gifts, grants administration, and donor recognition including data entry, exports for mailings, acknowledgments, and working with outside vendors or contractors. Determine the most effective means to report progress and provide campaign updates and assessments monthly to the Board of Directors and staff.
• Manage the Development Committee of the Board of Directors and coordinate activities.
• Collaborate with Director of Marketing & Communications on donor communications, print and digital
materials, and content to stay within our branding guidelines.
• Develop and manage a portfolio of prospects for the purpose of discovery, cultivation, solicitation, and
stewardship. Involve Board members in developing/maintaining donor and sponsor relationships.
• Special Events and/or Annual Fundraisers: Create donor recognition and appreciation events and work with the Board’s Development Committee or special Annual Fundraiser committee to organize, prepare, and present an annual fundraising or special event.
• Planned Giving: Create a planned giving program and track the progress of pending legacy and bequest gifts, encouraging partial/early disbursement when appropriate.
• Serve as an Ambassador through membership in local civic and professional organizations as appropriate. Make presentations about the theatre to various groups. Be a connector in our local community, a visible representation of the Carolina Theatre.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Collaborative: strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships, and to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
• Excellent Written and Verbal Communication: ability to craft compelling proposals, communications, and
marketing materials to a diverse pool of donors and partners.
• Leadership: ability to set goals and expectations, motivate others, and provide guidance and support.
• Growth Mindset: ability to identify challenges and create solutions using information and data to drive action.
• Strategic thinker: ability to identify a broader set of opportunities and assets to advance the Carolina Theatre’s mission.
• Adaptable: ability to work with deadlines, make significant changes when needed, and work with a positive, solutions-oriented approach.
• Experienced: A proven track record of meeting or exceeding fundraising goals for an organization with a budget of $1 million or more per year. Equipped at making direct funding requests and successfully closing gift agreements.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Workplace Type: On-site
Location: Carolina Theatre, 310 S. Greene St., Greensboro NC
Position Title: Director of Development
Job Type: Full-time
Minimum Starting Salary: $55,000
Maximum Starting Salary: $65,000
Benefits: health insurance, paid time off, retirement plan
Concessions – Looking for friendly, customer service forward individuals to work in the Concessions Stand at The Carolina Theatre. Hours are very limited part-time, mostly nights and weekends based on the performance calendar. Duties include popping corn, pouring drinks, taking orders, collecting payment, and serving our patrons in a fast-paced environment. Starting $9.00-11.00 depending on experience. Tips are shared with other concessions workers.
- Over 18
- Able to be on your feet for 3+ hours
- Ability to lift 20lbs
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing and Customer Service focused
Application form for job openings.
Administrative Office Contact Information
Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm
310 S. Greene St., Greensboro, NC 27401
Support the Carolina Theatre!
Your donations are critical to keeping the vision alive to provide arts and education to people living in the Triad.
Want early announcements on shows and events?
Create an account with Carolina Theatre for the latest!